LSU Health Shreveport library staff were well-represented at the inaugural virtual meeting of the South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association, October 25-28, 2020, winning a research award, and beginning or continuing terms as officers and committee members.
- Elizabeth K. Eaton Research Award, 3rd Place – Esparza J, Bloomingdale KA, Dobbins ML, Duggar DC, Jackson SP, Nail TLB, Olmstadt W. “Showing Value While Proving Your Own: Identifying An Institution’s Intellectual Capital Through a Systematic Approach." Paper presented at: Annual Meeting of the South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association; 2020 Oct 26; Virtual Meeting
- Montie' Dobbins - president, Hospital Library Interest Section, 2020-2021
- Julie Esparza - nominating committee member, 2020-2021
- Sarah Jackson - awards & scholarships committee member, 2019-2021
- Will Olmstadt - program committee member, 2020
- David Duggar - president-elect of the South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association, 2020-2021
Check out the September 2020 additions to the Library's e-book collection. These items were funded by LOUIS: the state academic library consortium.
October is National Medical Librarians Month, a month to celebrate and raise awareness of the health information professional's important role. A medical librarian is THE person to see when looking to get reliable, trustworthy health information. To find out how librarians can help you stay current on medical advances, help with research, find and evaluate information, and much more, visit the Library or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for more about the Health Sciences Library.
Beginning Saturday, October 3, the library new expanded hours will be:
• Monday – Friday (7:30 am – 5:00 pm)
• Saturday – (9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
• Sunday – (12:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
On Saturday, the 3rd, library reserve and circulating materials, along with study room keys, can be checked out.
Starting Monday, November 2, the library anticipates resuming to the following regular hours.
• Monday – Thursday (7:30 am – 9 pm)
• Friday (7:30 am – 5 pm)
• Saturday (9 am – 5 pm)
• Sunday (12:00 pm – 9 pm)
• Since only LSU Health Affiliates and Ochsner employees are allowed at this time, badges are required for library entrance.
• Social distancing (per campus guidelines) and good infection control are still expected.
• Bleach spray and paper towels are available at the entry.
Check out the August 2020 additions to the Library's e-book collection. These items were funded by LOUIS: the state academic library consortium.
The Library is excited to announce a license for EndNote for LSU Health Shreveport students, faculty & staff. EndNote manages citations, produces bibliographies, and more. To request the software, follow the directions at https://tinyurl.com/y3h7fvjk. Requests must be made from LSUHSC email. The download is not immediate – ITG first verifies requests on business days before sending download instructions. EndNote software retails for $115-$250 per user, so this is a significant savings to improve our school’s publications.
For help using or downloading EndNote, contact the Library at email@example.com.
Embase is a highly versatile, multipurpose, and up-to-date biomedical research database. It covers the most important international biomedical literature from 1947 to the present day and all articles are indexed in depth. It offers comprehensive coverage of biomedicine with a focus on drugs, pharmacology, and medical devices. It includes excellent coverage of international literature and includes 2,900 journals not covered in PubMed. Embase is a valuable tool for systematic reviews. Contact the library for assistance!
Starting Monday, August 3, the library will open at 7:30 a.m. and continue to close at 5 p.m. We will remain closed on weekends. Materials will not be checked out. Per recent chancellor guidance, masks and social distancing are required. Bleach solution and paper towels are available at the library's entrance.