Because of staffing limitations imposed during Phase I, the Library will continue to operate Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., through June 1. Depending on guidance from the administration for Phase II, the Library may expand to more typical hours.
The seating in the Library has been calculated to meet the 25% capacity requirement from the governor, and enforce social distance. Library staff will be tracking capacity.
Guidance about testing in the computer labs is forthcoming. There are only 18 seats available in the computer labs because of reduced capacity.
To help the campus during Phase I:
- Reference librarians will be available in person starting Monday, May 18. Please make an appointment for best service. You can find the librarian for your department or program at this link.
- Library faculty are happy to provide virtual orientations or presentations.
- Library Writing Consulting and Interlibrary Loan continue to be available. Borrowing materials from other libraries may still be restricted since not all states are re-opening.
- All the Library’s electronic resources remain available through the VPN.
- We have temporarily stopped charging for printing and copying in the Library.
One additional note:
- The Library has gathered many of the resources publishers made free at http://guides.lsuhsc.edu/free. As more states re-open, publishers may discontinue this free access with no notice. Many trials and free resources expire on May 31.